Sunday, October 11, 2009

Drinking

People obviously drink for a lot of reasons. Such as to socialize or speed along death. One advantage of drinking is that it tends to slow the world down a bit. Normally you can try to think about five things at once. When you’re drunk, sometimes the most you can hope for is to keep up in the conversation you’re having. Drinking lowers inhibitions but it also justifies being a little more dumb than you usually are. I’m holding my drink, I’m talking to this person, and I want to have sex with them. That’s when active listening really kicks in. Focusing on what someone else is saying can also help keep you from blacking out.

Although I guess you could make the contrary argument that alcohol decreases your ability to focus and really listen to what someone is saying. And we all know who makes those kind of arguments. Sober killjoys that aren’t getting laid. I’m not getting laid either. That’s not the point here. I don’t see why this has to be about my sexual prowess all of a sudden. No one’s asking you to read this Mr. I Have Sex Four Times A Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment